A serial entrepreneur, researcher, networker and occasional writer, he has a Bachelor of Science from Victoria University and a Master of Management from Massey University. In 2002 Paul set up ION, one of New Zealand’s earliest social networking communities and a platform to share ideas about technology, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Paul is passionate about promoting the role of innovation and technology in economic development. In 2005 he received a Creative Wellington Innovation Capital post-graduate scholarship from Wellington City Council for his research project looking at facilitation and ideation at the overlapping boundaries of creative clusters and networks.
In 2008 he co-founded ideegeo Group Limited an Internet technology services research and development provider incorporating fast growing global domain registrar iWantMyName. Paul was previously Chairperson of Unlimited Potential Wellington’s leading ICT networking community and a co-organiser of numerous technology sector events. He is the New Zealand moderator for Silicon Valley based Startup Digest and a Startup Weekend organiser.
- Co-founder and director of ideegeo Group Limited an Internet technology services business.
- Operations manager at iWantMyName a domain registrar industry platform developed by ideegeo.
- Co-founder and director of tablet software developer Fonim.
- New Zealand moderator for the Silicon Valley based StartupDigest community.
- Developing a virtual incubator project to support young people into web based ventures.
- Facilitator and founder of Wellington’s peer-to-peer group for emerging internet ventures.
Contact Paul here or post a reply on this blog.